For those who want to test the waters and try scuba, this is the course for you! The SDI Scuba Discovery Program gives you a glimpse of what you can expect to experience in the underwater world as well as what you could expect to learn in the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course. During this experience program, you will go through the basic safety procedures for enjoyable scuba diving under the watchful eye of an active SDI Instructor.
You will learn skills such as equalizing your ears, buddy checks, basic buoyancy control, underwater communication, and more. You will also be given an introduction to basic scuba equipment followed by an underwater tour in the local pool or aquatic environment.
What you can expect to learn
- Basic overview of physics/physiology and how it relates to diving
- Equalization techniques
- The aquatic environment
- Marine environment
- Marine life expected to encounter at the dive site
- Scuba equipment assembly
- Underwater communications
- Taking the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- Demonstrate adequate swimming skills and in-water comfort
How much is the course?
Get started with Discover Scuba
Discover Scuba is provided by our sister company Paragon Scuba Academy. Click the button below to be taken to the Paragon Scuba Academy website to make payment.
Take the Next Step
Want to know more?
Ask more questions or schedule any of these courses Email Us.