SDI makes it possible for you to complete all of the academic requirements for your entry-level scuba diver certification online. You can get started right now and, when you are done, you will then complete your in-water skill-development sessions and final open-water training dives at a local SDI Dive Center close to home, or at a popular vacation destination. It’s that simple! Now, go dive the world with your SDI certification.
What you can expect to learn
- The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
(10 – 14 years old for Junior Open Water Diver course)
How much is the course?
Get started with Open Water
Open Water is provided by our sister company Paragon Scuba Academy. Click the button below to be taken to the Paragon Scuba Academy website to make payment.
Take the Next Step
Want to know more?
Ask more questions or schedule any of these courses Email Us.