The SDI Inactive Diver/Refresher Program is designed to update and review the knowledge and skill level of an inactive diver. SDI encourages the use of this program for instructors, assistant instructors, and resorts or dive facilities that have questions regarding the diving history of an individual.
This program can also be used as a catalyst for continuing education programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities without direct supervision of the SDI Instructor* so long as the following limits are adhered to:
• The diving activities approximate those of training
• The areas of activities approximate those of training
• Environmental conditions approximate those of training
*Note: Junior divers (ages 10-14) must participate in diving activities with a parent, guardian, or dive professional.
Scuba Refresher is provided by our sister company Paragon Scuba Academy.
Click the button below to be taken to the Paragon Scuba Academy website to make payment.
• Complete all open water requirements efficiently
• Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
• Plan Dive
• Equalization techniques
• Communication signals
• Lung over-expansion problems
• Review of dive computer
• Scuba system assembly
• Weight adjustment
• Mask defog
• Don scuba system SDI Instructor Manual
• Adequate entry for site conditions
• Controlled descent
• Computer check, if used
• Regulator clearing
• Regulator recovery
• Mask clearing
• Fin use
• Buoyancy control; hovering
• Underwater tour
• Computer check
• Controlled ascent; computer assisted
• Disassemble scuba system
• Log dive
• Air sharing ascents
• Underwater emergency scenarios