Meet the Founder and Learn About Scuba Club Tucson
Hi, my name is Steven Backerman, founder of Scuba Club Tucson.
I started Scuba Club Tucson in 2017 to share my passion for the sea and Scuba Diving and to create a thriving community of scuba divers in the Tucson area.
Over the years, we have grown and have now merged with Paragon Dive Adventures (founded by Ben and Erika Lair) to become part of the Paragon Dive Group family, which includes Paragon Dive Adventures, Paragon Scuba Academy and Scuba Club Tucson.
Scuba Club Tucson continues to be an avenue for those interested in becoming certified as TDI/SDI and NAUI divers while continuing to offer PADI certifications.
Please click on Dive Courses to find out more about introductory dive training and feel free to call me directly at (520) 481-3976 or e-mail me at email@example.com for more information.
Scuba Club Tucson is now realizing one of its original goals of creating a thriving community of scuba divers in the Tucson area by starting a social club for divers to meet quarterly.
The quarterly get-togethers will be an opportunity to meet other local divers, to share dive experiences and stories, to see presentations of past dive trips and adventures, to provide input as to dive trips that members would like us to schedule and to generally socialize with friends, both old and new, in our local dive community.
Scuba Club Tucson Members will also receive the following benefits:
- 5% discounts on training through Paragon Dive Group, year-round
- 5% discounts on select gear through Paragon Dive Group, year-round
- Pre-notification to sign up for non-local dive trips – discounts might be available
- Pre-notification on new gear arrivals
- Annual Members-Only trip to San Carlos
- Free pool sessions to test gear and/or try out new gear before purchasing
- Live demonstration tutorials on UW Photography, UW Videography, Lightroom and Photoshop
- Once a year, private session to work on “that one thing” with which you’d like help as a diver such as buoyancy/trim or navigation or dive planning. This is not a substitute for certification. You must be certified in the specific skill in order to take advantage of this.
- A Scuba Club Tucson t-shirt at no-charge upon initial sign-up and each additional t-shirt for $20.00 (normally $25.00)
The annual fee is $50.00 for individuals, $75.00 for couples. Children under the age of 18 are free with any paid membership.
You can join the club by following this link to our e-commerce website,
We look forward to having you join us and, as we say, you should be diving with us!
SDI/TDI Open Water Instructor
NAUI Open Water Instructor
PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer